|WHAT DOES HORIZONS NORTH CREDIT* UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
|Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
|The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
|All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Horizons North Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information
|Does Horizons North Credit Union share?
|Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes—
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes—
to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—
information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—
information about your creditworthiness
|For our af?liates to market to you
|For non-affiliates to market to you
|To limit our sharing?
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we
sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as
described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
|Call 303-451-1146 or go to www.HNCU.org
|Who we are
|Who is providing this notice Horizons North Credit Union
|What we do
|How does Horizons North Credit Union protect my personal information?
|To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
|How does Horizons North Credit Union collect my personal information?
|We collect your personal information, for example, when you
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?
|Federal law only gives you the right to limit only
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
|What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
|Your choice will apply to everyone on the account.
|Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Our affiliates include financial companies such as Credit Union Direct Connect (indirect lending), investment companies providing services to you or the credit union, and nonfinancial companies, such as our credit union association.
|Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Non-affiliates we share with can include: companies such as insurance companies and direct marketing companies with which we may have specific agreements.
A formal agreement between Horizons North Credit Union and a nonaffiliated financial company where we jointly market financial products or services to you.
|Other Important Information
|Important Notice about Credit Reporting: We may report information about your account(s) to credit bureaus and/or consumer reporting agencies. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account(s) may be reflected in your credit report and/or consumer report.
If you are using a screen reader and having problems accessing any of our web pages or documents, please call 303-451-1146 during normal business hours (M-F 9 AM – 5 PM) for assistance.
Horizons North Credit Union has taken every precaution available to assure that your private financial information transmitted through the Internet is safe and secure. Horizons North Credit Union is not liable for content or availability of linked sites. If you have any concerns, please contact the credit union at 303.451.1146.
A cookie is a small text file that allows the storage of such information. Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or to refuse to accept cookies. Cookies are important and necessary part of providing personalized services to our users. We do not currently support the capability to respond to web browser “do not track” signals. We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of our website. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Google’s Ad Settings.You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our website. For more information on opting out of Google Analytics tracking, visit this Google Analytics Page.
Horizons North Credit Union (HNCU) Social Media Public Use Policy
Social media tools help HNCU Financial facilitate two-way conversations between members, staff, and our community.
Currently, the primary social media tools of HNCU are:
Google Reviews: https://g.page/r/CbGWfoJr668sEAg/review
- All comments made by Horizons North Credit Union social media fans/followers will be reviewed and posts that are derogatory, defamatory, obscene, hateful, ethnic, off topic, spam, personal attacks, illegal, offensive, or those that are private or confidential, or any comment that is deemed to be inappropriate will be removed.
- Posts should be in text format from a person over the age of 13.
- Photos posted directly on HNCU's social media page could be removed. If photos are not removed they will be reviewed for content and may be deleted at any time in the future.
- HNCU does not endorse or promote any unaffiliated third-party entities. Posts, comments or images intending to sell a product or service not deriving from official HNCU personnel or those intending to divert traffic another website for personal or monetary gain will not be permitted, this includes spam.
- Comments are monitored, but not controlled. HNCU reserves the right to remove a post deemed inappropriate. HNCU does not endorse any comments made by its employees or affiliates, unless they are an authorized representative of the credit union.
- Private or financially-sensitive information will never be requested through social media pages or messaging programs. Members should not disclose information, such as account user names and numbers, passwords, PINs, social security numbers, or account details on social media page, within an App chat session or messaging program. If you have immediate service needs, please contact our Call Center at (303) 451-1146 during normal business hours, or login to online
- Private or financially-sensitive information will never be requested through social media pages or messaging programs. Members should not disclose information, such as account user names and numbers, passwords, PINs, social security numbers, or account details on social media page, within an App chat session or messaging program. If you have immediate service needs, please contact our Call Center at (303) 451-1146 during normal business hours, or login to online banking at www.HNCU.org
- HNCU does not validate assertions or statements in comments on social media pages. All statements and viewpoints expressed are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position of HNCU, unless posted by the authorized representative of the Credit Union.
- All rights reserved: Horizons North Credit Union reserves the right to edit, delete, move or mark any posted content as spam any and all user comments, and also has the right to block access to any one group from commenting, or from the page. Commenter agrees that any posted on HNCU pages can be shared or used by HNCU without any financial compensation do to commentor.
By installing, using or otherwise accessing HNCU mobile application from any device, mobile or otherwise, user agrees to this privacy notice. If user does not agree to these terms and conditions, do not download and/or access our mobile application or use online banking on any device. The data collected from user is covered by this privacy notice. Including information collected when user grants access to personal information from device such as contact lists, geo-location when you request certain services that requires such access i.e. locating an ATM, adding a contact to Bill Pay, or completing a loan application.
Download a copy of HNCU 2.0 Mobile User Agreement that is in the app, all mobile users accept agreement from within the app.
*School District 12 Credit Union DBA Horizons North Credit Union