Introducing EMV® - the Safer Way To Pay.
Horizons North Credit Union will be transitioning our debit cards to new chip cards also known as EMV. HNCU members will soon be carrying debit cards equipped with the new industry standard in fraud-fighting capabilities. It’s called EMV® technology, and it makes your card nearly impossible to duplicate. Working through a tiny chip in your card that communicates with EMV terminals at businesses that have installed them, EMV technology complements the security features you already have. It provides more-sophisticated verification of your card, so you can feel even more secure.
- Your card will be mailed directly to you in the coming weeks. HNCU will begin reissuing debit cards outfitted with EMV chips to all current members starting the first week of November. The reissue is considered a staggered mass reissue; meaning we will be issuing them in three stages, starting with cards that are due to expire first. To ensure delivery, please be sure HNCU has your most recent address on file.
- Your new EMV chip debit card will have a new card number and Personal Identification Number (PIN). Please contact any merchant that uses your card information for automatic payments and provide them with your new EMV chip card number and expiration date.
- I received my debit card and the PIN number was not with it. For security reasons, the PIN for your Debit Card will arrive separately within 3-5 days. Later, you may want to change your PIN but you must come into the branch to do it.
- I did not receive my card. As a reminder it's important to make sure Horizons North Credit Union has your current contact information, including your physical address, telephone numbers, and email address. Please make sure that all of this information is up to date! It's easy... all you have to do is login to Online Banking, select the "Services" tab, and click "Continue" next to "Address Change". You can also click the button below to download the from and fax or mail it back to HNCU.
- Click on the link below to view the full list of FAQs
For more information on the industry's migration to chip technology, visit GoChipCard.com.